Once your membership application is processed you will be given an Approved Credit Limit.
We will then advance (to your doctor and/or hospital/clinic) any amount you Direct us To Pay (up to your limit).*
You can then select any repayment amount and repayment cycle (monthly, fortnightly, weekly by direct debit on your nominated bank account) provided that the repayment amount is equal to or greater than the required minimum monthly repayment amount. (see minimum repayment chart).
This way you can choose a repayment amount and cycle that suits your budget and circumstances. You can choose to repay it quickly or slowly, even vary repayments and repayment amounts along the way, or make lump sum repayments at any time. We like to think of it as “retrospective savings plan” where you save for your procedure after you have had it.
Whilst you are repaying the amount that we advanced on your behalf, there is an interest charge applied to the outstanding reducing balance on a daily basis.
• Lodge your application – we will respond within 24 hours.
• On approval – sign and return your contract and Direction to Pay Form (DTP) – we look after everything from there on.
• Your line of credit only becomes active once we have disbursed funds on your behalf.
• You and Mediplan arrange your repayment cycle which can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly and the repayment amount you wish to make (minimum repayment limits do apply).
• Interest is charged on the outstanding reducing balance of your account at the variable interest rate.
• A disbursement fee is charged to your account at the time of the disbursement transaction. For simultaneous multiple disbursements only one fee will be applied, based on the total amount. (see Fees & Charges for more details).
• Your Mediplan line of credit is fully flexible – it can be used to pay for any Medical, Dental, Veterinary, or Hospital expenses across Australia.
• You can redraw funds at any time up to your approved credit limit (further disbursement fees may apply).
* A disbursement fee will be charged when you instruct us to make a payment on your behalf. Please see Fees & Charges Section for more details.
Phone 1300 1300 12